Preferred Sales, Inc. (PSI), located in Hermitage, PA, is a nationally-recognized leader in the sale of HVAC and Plumbing solutions to Commercial, Residential and Wholesale accounts in a 4-state region.
PSI is searching for an Accounting Associate whose responsibilities will include, handing documents, files and business records. The Accounting Associate assists the current Accounting staff and Management and may be asked to assist in other parts of the Company. For the right individual, the opportunity to learn and grow with a thriving company – recognized by the Department of Homeland Security as an essential business – that treats employees like family is here!
If you have a background in and knowledge of word processing, business office systems and communication platforms and technologies we’d like to hear from you!
• Take general direction to support a department or group of professionals.
• Perform all routine clerical functions, e.g., copying, sorting, filing, and typing.
• Perform general bookkeeping functions, e.g., Accounting, AP/AR, General Ledger, etc.
• Sets up and maintains varied office files, logs, and records office activities.
• Orders office supplies and maintains office equipment.
• Answers, screens and routes incoming calls and messages.
• Greets, screens, and directs visitors to appropriate staff member.
• Composes routine, general, and unique/independent correspondence (i.e., sends more than standard emails, begins to modify content of email on behalf of department head, reads and answers correspondence).
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with emphasis on general accounting is required
• Two (2) years of administrative support experience for a fast-paced business is preferred.
• Perform advanced functions in data entry, spreadsheet and database software and platforms.
• Ability to use all applicable MS Suite products, e.g., Word, Excel and Teams.
• Working knowledge of general accounting and business processes and procedures.
• Ability to analyze data and use basic business reasoning skills.
• Time-management, organization skills and confidentiality are essential